Labels

everyday (24) story (21) poem (17) philosophy (13) life (11) beauty (10) nature (10) death (9) frustration (8) fun (7) fantasy (5) favourites (4) love (3) advice (1)

Monday, August 3, 2009

Poem: Turning Back

note a typical depressive poem of mine because of the fact that the speaker returns to life...prefers life to death


Oh, the dark,lurking depths ,forever inviting
with their soft palms curling, tempting,
A dark veil , a curtain, impassive, opaque
Shrouding the wonderous world of light, evasive.

I saw my pains laid out open, sorrows staring,
reflecting from the dark, ever encircling abyss
and ventured to give them away, entomb them
by trusting my weights to the depths that lay.

I took a drop from the dull , stagnant bulk
and gave it life, blowing into a soft froth
I saw all the hues that took life from my breath
swirling bright, mixing playfully in the bubble light.

I turned back,shuddering, walking away
from where cruel doom, lurking lay
back to where the swirling colours beckoned
back where my life had frozen, embalmed.

And back I went , not turning back to gaze
while the depths lay, forever inviting!!

No comments: