Labels

everyday (24) story (21) poem (17) philosophy (13) life (11) beauty (10) nature (10) death (9) frustration (8) fun (7) fantasy (5) favourites (4) love (3) advice (1)

Friday, March 26, 2010

Goodbye??

Four years in College getting over...so quick and yet so rich in experiences.school was over much before i wanted it to be and even in the sorrow of having to say goodbye to school days, having to shift from Ernakulam where every single friend of mine is, i couldn't wait to enter college, that place where everyone spends the most enjoyable and memorable time of their lives. I did have my apprehensions about joining college....
1.being the last rank admitted to EC in merit i was wondering whether i would fit in with my 'buji' classmates.
2. i knew next to nothing about electronics. i surprised my physics professor in 12th by failing to identify a capacitor. the capacitor had been my foe ever since.
3. i had no friends in this new place. there were hundreds of students here and i hardly knew three people.that was okay as that meant getting to meet so many new people.(but my first day into college and i knew that my wish of getting to know every person in college would never come true.)
4. those frightening species called seniors who allegedly lurked in corners and lay in ambush waiting to pounce upon you and rag you to pieces. the many stories of ragging which i heard had me in tenterhooks.
the stories of CET i heard from my cousin who passed out before i entered had me anxiously waiting for the commencement of the course. but the government decided to mess things up and i had to spend months without a tv, a computer or even a library membership. i went back to old times when man cared only about food and sleep.
and finally the day came when i stepped into CET

No comments: