Labels

everyday (24) story (21) poem (17) philosophy (13) life (11) beauty (10) nature (10) death (9) frustration (8) fun (7) fantasy (5) favourites (4) love (3) advice (1)

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Malfunction

Of late I ve noticed that electronics equipment tends to malfunction, more than it used to, around me. I had put down the fact that i never get outputs for lab exams to clumsy work on my side and a superstitious belief that i wont get output every odd semester. yet CROs had malfunctioned, power supplies had gone awry and the circuit itself had misbehaved on many occasions.
Now the issue has gone serious and it is everyday items like mobile phones and computers that put me to test. the landline phone in my house is somehow connected to the neighbouring line, which we( bujis) might call crosstalk, and every private conversation of mine is now a conference between the sender(me), receiver(whomsoever i am calling) and the third party( neighbours). and everytime someone calls their phone our phone rings for company. i had been putting up with a lot of crosstalk of late and had practically stopped using the phone.as if to remind me that this world is not entirely my own, my mobile phone has started having mysterious visitors too.
in one incident i called a friend (say D). i got someone else on the line. i could hear him speak and D could hear him speak. he could hear both of us speak. but we couldnt speak to each other. we tried to get him to act as our channel and pass on messages between us but he didnt find it an interesting pass time and didnt humour us.in another recent incident i called another friend A and instead of her "sweet" voice, got the hardy voice of a man who asked me 'which part of the temple i was standing at'. i disconnected and tried again and got my friend.
and then the computer thought of playing tricks. i asked for twitter, signed into it and what do i get...my gmail inbox .MAGIC (and black magicfor sure)
it is a jinx alright, a curse of the innumerable electronic components i have broken, burnt or mercilessly pulled off..

1 comment:

sherin said...

wonder which equip is next in line.. it can be another blog post u knw:)

but my advice- if u can,find some way to break the spell..:D