Labels

everyday (24) story (21) poem (17) philosophy (13) life (11) beauty (10) nature (10) death (9) frustration (8) fun (7) fantasy (5) favourites (4) love (3) advice (1)

Friday, June 20, 2008

On The Way To Heaven

i wrote this as a memoir of my trip to thirunelli sparked by the landscape which presented itself as fleeting glimpses

Safe in the abode of god
amidst the sparkling hills
tight in natures embrace
here I find utter solace

Mountains blend with rivers
leaves swish and swirl
dewdrops drip from tender leaves
like studded pearl

Endless roads stretching ahead
with trees on either sides
holding their hands above my head
weaving an emerald canopy.


The sun's rays with its magical touch
makes jewels out of water drops
rain falls to earth from heavens louds
like thousand gems from a long lost treasure.

night comes bringing a thousand stars
while the cool breeze lulls me to sleep
sweet dreams pass by my clogged head
renewing my heart with its fragrance.

The suns rays filter through the clouds
and kiss me awake from deep slumber
I wake up from the magical lands
to mourn the loss of a sweet dream!!

2 comments:

Rahul Nair said...

:)
Good thoughts priya and the way you have put it is extremely nice, oin poetry...
Seems you observe a lot... esp in nature..
keep on jotting down your thoughts..

I visted you rblog, so i should be Insane :P

Anonymous said...

sheeeeeeeeee teeernnoooooooo



eee type iniyum kayyil koreee undoooooooooooooooooooo