Labels

everyday (24) story (21) poem (17) philosophy (13) life (11) beauty (10) nature (10) death (9) frustration (8) fun (7) fantasy (5) favourites (4) love (3) advice (1)

Friday, May 22, 2009

Poem: Weightless

I stared in fear at the dark gloom
the calm waters with their turbulent depths
and saw,staring back, a loser's face
beckoning from the menacing black

I take a plunge into the icy cold
and could feel thorns on my flesh
but i go deep, down and down
weighted by my guilt

I reach the bottom, the end, and
laying down my weights i move up
now my sorrows lie buried in the secretive depths
while i float high above
on the peripheral calm, weightless, free!

3 comments:

rameez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rameez said...

If only one could leave their weights just as easy as that somewhere!...
- A fellow loser.

sherin said...

can feel the freedom